First Week of DS 106 – done.

Wow.  I jumped in, and the water IS fine.  And just the right depth too – deep enough to keep my arms flailing for balance, but shallow enough to keep my nose above water if I remember to stand on my tippy toes. It’s so refreshingly challenging!  And to think that I contemplated dropping the course before it even began!!  I’m so glad I decided to give it a try. The only bad thing so far is that I can’t seem to stay away from it. It definitely brings out my inner OCD.  To help with time management, however, I did download a new daily planner/organizer app and reorganized my “to do” list.  It made me feel much better about putting those things off just a little bit longer.  😛

DOMAIN, WEB-HOSTING, AND THE BLOG

The process of getting the domain, web-hosting, and blog set up and then linking them all together went much smoother than expected.  The only complaint I have with Cast Iron Coding is that I could not find  any contact info on their site.  As far as WordPress, there is still so much I have to figure out.  But for now, I know how to add new posts, so I will play around with the other features and learn them slowly as the course progresses. My #1 goal is to keep my blog simple, fun, and readable.

DAILY CREATE

Nothing like the Daily Create to get the creative juices flowing.  We only have a 24-hour window to complete each assignment, so it really pushes for the NOW.  I love that. Today’s Daily Create (above image) was to post a pic of an obscure shadow, and I think mine may be a little too obvious but I still like it. 🙂

This entry was posted in Slider, TDC, Thoughts, etc. and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.