The curse

Here I am again.  I have to leave for school in 40 minutes. I decided to write a post in lieu of washing my hair today.  THIS. my friends… is the curse of DS106.  I wish I was a little more knowledgeable in the world of tech so I don’t have to search every other unfamiliar word that comes up, which makes for a verrrrry slow progress.  Akismet? Never heard of the word before last week. Plugin? I thought it had something to do with electricity…  Oh wait!  Aha!  I have an idea for a tutorial!  If I don’t get sidetracked, I’ll work on it and post it in a few days.

It’s a new week in DS106, and so far this morning, I have accomplished the following:

• Activated Akismet on my blog- It was already installed, and I followed this link and instructions therein to get the authorization code.
  • Installed Google Analytics plugin following instructions from here. (After I followed this, I also had to embed the code from my analytics account. You may have an easier time following this tutorial.)
  • Searched for a new theme that would fit me and my blog.  I think I found something, but I’ll have to play around with it later tonight.  Kee-dae-ha-shi-rha!!!  (That’s Korean for expect great things to come!) 🙂

Oki doki, then.  I’m off to class!

This entry was posted in DS106, Headline, Thoughts, etc. and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to The curse

1. rmcguirk says:

To be honest, I did not believe in the ds106 curse when I first read your post. Yet, I have fallen trap to it! I literally spent all day working on ds106.

Thanks for the tips on installing Google Analytics!

2. Just wanted to say thanks for posting the helpful tutorials! Read your blog and it made me laugh because sometimes its hard to wash your hair before classes. Just throw some get it in and no one will no the difference 🙂

3. lindamckenna says:

Ha! There is no “correct” way to spell Korean words phonetically in English. You just make it up according to how it sounds. So you wrote it perfectly!

4. Annie Belle says:

I speak a bit of Korean. And by a bit I mean very little, but I’ve been studying Tae Kwon Do for two years, and my masters teach me Korean! An yung ha sae yo (<– not sure how to spell out Korean words, but hello!)

5. Jim Groom says:

Linda,

You are a on a roll, this is exactly where you need to be, and catching the #ds106 curse is a good thing. Working on getting live stream tonight, will let you know.