Progress Report: Week 2

The second week came and went so quickly that I’m still trying to catch my breath.  My other classes are definitely suffering as I had anticipated.  Sleep deprivation is also wreaking havoc on my brain functions as recent research on rats as well as many other studies have shown.  But back to DS106…

I don’t feel that I’ve done as much work as I should have from my OCD perspective, but judge for yourself.  These are the things I’ve done this week:

• Installed Twitter Tools plugin – I’m still trying to play with the different settings. It is pulling in my tweets to my blog, but my new posts are still not being tweeted automatically.  I’ll keep you updated on how I get this resolved.
  • Installed Subscribe to Comments plugin using this easy tutorial. It worked like a charm.
  • Realized Google Analytics still was not picking up traffic to my site, so I had to go back and get the analytics code to paste into my site. (I’ll post a tutorial on how to get the code later today.)
  • Searched for, downloaded, and installed a new theme as my first assignment, as suggested by Annie Belle.  Thanks, Annie Belle, for your excellent tutorial! (I will write a separate post about this also later this weekend).
  • I downloaded and installed Jing, which makes capturing images and videos of your screen a breeze!  You have to try it.  Merely talking about it doesn’t do it justice. I LOBE JING!! (refer to my TDC19 joke) 🙂
  • Made a decision to post at least 5 comments on fellow DS106-ers’ work every day. (at least make my best effort to do so)

Still to do:

• Write a post about my reaction to Gardner Campbell’s talk and essay.
  • Write the tutorial that I mentioned above.
  • Write a post about installing my new theme.
  • All the other crap… I mean life stuff… that I must do outside of DS106.

Ciao for now! 😉

This entry was posted in DS106, Thoughts, etc. and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Progress Report: Week 2

1. Margaret says:

I really like the theme you choose! I think it is neat how the front page changes pictures! I may have to look into installing a theme like that! You mentioned having trouble with google anayltics. How do you know if it is finally working? I think mine is not set up correctly or all the way.

2. Jim says:

Not enough work? You are killing ds106 right now, and given your work there is much to be said for OCD.

3. Pingback: TDC 20 : NEVER THE SAME RIVER