Combined: Web 2.0 Reading + Web 2.0 Story – experiment

My (short) response to the readings this week is included in the video. This week has been very draining, and writing is difficult at the moment. However, creating other stuff is still energizing for me, and I’ve experimented with some Web 2.0 storytelling tools today, as suggested by Alan Levine (aka @cogdog) in his article. I used three different tools, used iMovie to put them all together, then uploaded to YouTube.  … I changed my mind.  The combined version on YouTube ended up fuzzy and muffled.  So I will embed each one separately below:

People mentioned in the videos:

Danielle’s Web 2.0 post  – ITeach blog

Annie Belle – Barefootwandering blog

Alan Levine’s 50+ Web 2.0 Ways to Tell a Story

Xtranormal

Web 2.0 and Digital Storytelling (1:30)
by: linda3dots

Jing via Screencast uploaded to YouTube

I’ve upgraded to Jing Pro (cheap – on $14.95 per year :)) so I can upload the videos to YouTube and also edit them in any video editing software.

I’m realizing that using this method, I have to keep the message very very brief and also think and type really really fast, otherwise the audience might get bored.  Maybe I should just leave it to the experts (i.e. the Q of J) 🙂

PhotoPeach

A Day at the Marine Corps Museum 8/09 (revisited) on PhotoPeach

With this, I basically just wanted to see how the application works. I’m sure I’ll use it again in another project.

This is the link to my original YouTube video (1:30 min)

This entry was posted in Assignments, DS106 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Combined: Web 2.0 Reading + Web 2.0 Story – experiment

1. Jim Groom says:

Draining, indeed, but you have not let any of that stop you. I have to applaud your fortitude and seamingly boundless creativity.