Berry Splash – Splash the Color Visual Assignment (2 stars)

Visual Assignment 340: Splash the Color – Color splash is a technique to emphasize details- you remove all color from a photo, and then restore original color to a single object, e.g. a green apple on a table. Think of the Girl in the red dress from Schindler’s List.

I LOVE berries.  I love all fruit in general (except a few that I’m allergic to).  I think the splash of red in this image gives it a very yummy effect, don’t you?  The link for my tutorial is below.

And… I made my VERY FIRST video tutorial!!!!!!!!!    May be a little sloppy, but I tried my best… haha. 🙂  Check it out and let me know what you think!

This entry was posted in Assignments, DS106, Visual/Photography and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Berry Splash – Splash the Color Visual Assignment (2 stars)

1. linda says:

Thanks, Gray! I’m glad you like it.

2. Gray Kemmey says:

I have always liked these “splashed color” images and yours looked really solid. The berries look really really cool. So solid, that I watched your video too (even though I don’t have photoshop) and it was really good.

3. linda says:

aww. Thank you, Candice! 🙂 very encouraging…

4. Candice says:

This is my favorite color splash assignment. The color of the berries is so bright, nicely done. The image is also put together very well. It looks professional! Nice job taking it at an angle. It makes it not look ordinary and really adds an edge.

5. linda says:

Perfect! I’ll have to try those too. I guess the shortcuts are there for a reason. I never bothered to learn them because there were way too many to memorize….
    These are very useful though. Thank you again!

6. When I learned of that, it changed everything for me! 🙂 That, and CTRL+D to deselect, and SPACE bar = hand all saved my wrists. I use a small Wacom tablet instead of a mouse, which you should definitely try – changed my life as well (and saved my hands/wrists – I do a fair amount of computing daily).

7. linda says:

THANK YOU, Noiseprofessor!!!
    No, I didn’t already know that. That will save me sooooo much time on larger projects. I’m gonna go try it RIGHT NOW!! 🙂

8. Nice – cane berries FTW! Love the tutorial too. You might already know this, but the right and left brackets change the brush size up and/or down – a quick way to rip through those paint tasks without taking the mouse off of the canvas to change the brush. When I realized this, it was like a bolt from the heavens… Cheers!

9. Feng Chen says:

I think I might just do one of these ‘splash the color’ visual assignments just because everyone’s doing them and they seem really fun and cool! By the way, I love berries too! And fruits in general 🙂