Video Tutorial: Splash the Color

This is my VERY FIRST video tutorial.  It was scary, but I was inspired by others in DS106 who were brave enough to put themselves out there!  This is how I ended up with this finished product for the Splash the Color visual assignment.

This is a little sloppy, but I tried my best… Let me know what you think. 🙂

This entry was posted in Assignments, DS106, Tutorials and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Video Tutorial: Splash the Color

1. linda says:

Thank you! Videos are so much quicker to make than screenshot tutorials. I think I’ll try to use it more. 🙂

2. linda says:

Thank you, John! That’s very encouraging. I always assume that everyone else knows a lot more than I do. Also, @noiseprofessor gave me a few more short-cut tips in the comment section of the main post. Check it out! http://blog.neverthesameriver.com/?p=686

3. John Johnston says:

Hi Linda,
    Thanks for this. One of the reasons I am doing ds106 stuff (external) is to get over my photoshop phobia. This sort of thing is exactly what I need. Even the zoom stuff is new to me. It is also, for me, exactly the right length.

4. lockmantuj says:

Congrats on making your first video tutorial. You did a great job of explaining and demonstrating how to create this effect.

5. linda says:

I used Jing. I paid for Jing Pro so I could edit/upload the videos to YouTube. But Annie uses the regular free version.

I use Photoshop CS4. It’s not free. But I know that Jim Groom uses Gimp. I don’t know much about that but here’s the link to their site.

6. Feng Chen says:

Hey Linda, this is awesome! Good work on this. I was wondering how you made it so that viewers like me are able to see your screen on youtube. Also, what editing program did you use and is it downloadable? If not, do you know any programs that are free and downloadable?