Averaging Concepts – Visual Assignment (3 stars)

Visual Assignment 13: Averaging Concepts Using Flickr – Take a concept, one word, and plug it into Flickr and take the first 50 images and average them using Photoshop or similar program. Step by step instructions available at http://is.gd/ku3UF

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this assignment and decided to do 3 of them. 🙂  The above listed tutorial was perfect and very easy to follow.  I am floored by how amazingly well these turned out.  I can’t stop staring and getting lost in them…

VALENTINE

Since Valentine’s Day is in two days, I decided to search the word “valentine,” and the resulting image is amazing!

PSYCHOLOGY

For this, I searched the term “psychology,” and the resulting averaged image is mysterious, dark, and mesmerizing… I think it sort of symbolizes how our thinking tends to be structured and boxed in, but there’s a much bigger world outside of it.

SPRING

I wanted to see if the word “spring” would give me a much more colorful averaged image than other words. It certainly did! This one turned out lovely. 🙂

This entry was posted in Assignments, DS106, Visual/Photography and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Averaging Concepts – Visual Assignment (3 stars)

1. linda says:

Thank you! These were so fun to do. 🙂

2. Liz says:

I love these! It was a great idea to choose “valentine” and get some more color. Also digging how the ocean? lake? whatever, the waves – show through at the bottom of “Psychology.” Awesome work.

3. Jim Groom says:

Yeah, this is an amazing assignment, and it was huge this past Summer when I taught ds106 online. You are the first to do it yet this semester, but you won;t be the last I am sure. Beautiful results for your keywords, I am not sued to seeing them so colorful, gorgeous.