Iconic Me – linda3dots

I was in the middle of this assignment when I came up with my idea of new design assignment, and I just submitted my idea.  So where were we…

Designment Assignment 54: Create an iconic image/design for your own site that somehow represents you.

I often use the handle “linda3dots” for my online activities.  I came up with this icon for this assignment:

I used Photoshop CS4.  Brush tool, ellipse tool, and also added an inner shadow via “fx” in layers.

This entry was posted in Assignments, Design, DS106 and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Iconic Me – linda3dots

1. linda says:

Yes I did. Withe the brush tool.

2. linda says:

THANK YOU, Cali! I will definitely go try that. 🙂

3. Feng Chen says:

I love it! By the way, did you draw the “L”??

4. Call_lean says:

The dots make me think of sherbert ice cream. Yum. 🙂

Have you considered making this icon be your “Favicon” (the small picture next to your URL) for your website? I think it would work well at a small size because the “L” is very distinctive. (Although if you did make it into one, you might want to consider bumping up the contrast of the dots to make them stand out because of the Favicon’s extremely small size.)

If you are interested, my fellow former ds016 intranaut, Cali4beach, made a tutorial…

http://imlikesoblonde.com/2011/02/15/the-idiots-guide-for-getting-a-favicon-for-a-wp-site/

5. Brian Brown says:

I second, this is great and elegant minimalist design!

6. linda says:

hahaha. thank you, Norm! . . . 🙂