The DS106 Brain

After the initial brain-storming session for our final project, we agreed that a circuit board inside a brain would be a good image to represent DS106.  Then I thought it should be half digital and half organic. (See my previous post.)

I finally came up with this design.  I got the background images from here and here and designed the rest on Adobe Illustrator.  I then transferred the design into Photoshop and integrated the other images.  Please feel free to critique it. 🙂

Adobe Illustrator image: (It took me all day to figure out how I could depict half human/half digital brain.)

Backgrounds:

This entry was posted in Design, DS106, Final Project and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to The DS106 Brain

1. linda says:

Ah, but I believe that DS106 has a left brain and a right brain, much like us. It has a thinking side and a feeling side, yes? I have more to show you on Monday. 🙂

2. linda says:

Thanks, Pual! It’s an idea that is becoming a monster… hmm…

3. Jim Groom says:

How about circuits and organic matter together? I kind of interpenetration of the two? I love the aesthetic either way, mind you, I would just be interested about how a non-cartesian split of the two might work, more an integrated, cyborg whole 🙂

4. Paul Waltsak says:

Wow!! This is so awesome, Linda. I love the idea for this!