Re-do: Return to the Silent Era Video Assignment (Highlander)

Video Assignment 376: Return to the Silent Era

Ever since I worked on this assignment (twice) two weeks ago, I haven’t been happy with it.  I had been thinking about how I could make it look more authentic, more like a real silent film.

And then this occurred today, as if someone read my thoughts.  Hmm…   Anyway, from there, I found this article, and then I was finally led to Ben Rimes’ (aka @techsavvyed) brilliant silent-film -ized Back to the Future video.  He was gracious enough to list all of the tools he used to make the video in his comments section on YouTube, and I got inspired.

So… here is my 3rd and final attempt at this assignment:

I think Jim Groom will be happy that Sean Connery is no longer in the video, but that was NOT because I wanted to cut him out.  I just ended up cutting all the scenes where people were talking, and he ended up getting cut.  Oh well.

I downloaded the “Silent Movie Title Card” from this site as Ben suggested.  (THANKS, @techsavvyed!!!!!! for inspiring me!)

I googled and found the font and the music as follows:

You can see my previous attempts here and here, but I’d advise you not to.  haha.

This entry was posted in Assignments, DS106, Video and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Re-do: Return to the Silent Era Video Assignment (Highlander)

1. Ben says:

I love that you did a silent era movie trailer, awesome take on the assignment rather than just doing one scene! The dedication to come back and do an assignment for the 3rd time is great.

2. linda says:

Awww, Feng, you’re so sweet!! 🙂 🙂

3. Feng Chen says:

I’m a big fan of you, Linda. Fantastic work as always :). Don’t overexert yourself, though!