New Challenge: Adobe Premiere

I have become fairly comfortable with using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and have been wanting to learn how to use Premiere Pro for video editing (I’ve only used Movie Maker and iMovie thus far) and also Dreamweaver for web designing.  Not only will I be able to increase my creative potential but I can also make myself more marketable for graphic design and/or video editing positions.  I have to laugh at myself, because here I am… ready to graduate with a degree in psychology but finding myself spending most of my time doing digital art and dreaming about doing it for a living.  I blame it all on ds106.  Ha!

I already have two pro bono website building jobs lined up and also crossing my fingers on a possible paid position wherein I am expected to have experience in Photoshop AND Premiere.  I’ve assured the company that I can learn the application within a very short time, so I hope they’ll give me a chance to show them.  Even if the job falls through, I am still determined to challenge myself on this.  And I guess Premiere has now been moved to the first position in line on my bucket list…

In the last couple of days, I’ve viewed countless YouTube video tutorials, as well as reading as much as I can about Premiere Pro CS5.5.  I’m starting to overwhelm myself with too much information, so I’ve decided that the best thing to do is to just jump in and start using it. Everyone has a different learning style, so my way of learning will not necessarily be good for someone else.  But I plan on documenting this process just in case someone out there will find it helpful. 🙂  I found the following two tutorials to be very informative and reassuring.  The videos give a general overview of Premiere and its workspace, which can be extremely intimidating to someone opening it up for the first time.  I think I’m now ready to start a project!!

I do have some psych papers due in the next couple of days, but I hope to have my first video project to showcase by next week.   Kee-dae-ha-shi-rah!  (that means “Expect great things!”)  🙂

This entry was posted in DS106, Thoughts, etc. and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.